I’ve been keeping a pretty tight watch on Pinterest lately. Yesterday I spent an hour friending people and looking through their pins. It was AMAZING. So many cheap DIY ideas and pretty house stuff. I can only imagine what it will be like when I actually have something to plan for like a new house or a wedding or a baby or something. One question I have, with all the time people spend on Pinterest, do they ever actually do any of the things they pin??
Here the link to my Pinterest if you’re interested in following me.
On that note, Pinterest has become my online recipe book and I finally made something from it on Sunday: Roasted Chickpeas. I found the recipe on one of my favorite blogs: SammieKennedy.com. Here is the link for her post of the recipe.
So I had a couple of cans of chickpeas with every intention of making them into hummus, then I thought, why not fry them instead? These were so tasty warm out of the oven but even better when I toasted them again the next day. So savory with just a little crunch. And actually pretty good for you. And for the financial restricted, they’re cheap too!
- 2 12oz cans of organic chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 1/4 cup olive oil (ok because this will be medium heat only)
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas with water. Dry them on a paper towel.
- Add chickpeas and all spices to a bowl and stir until chickpeas are covered.
- Pour oil in pan then heat it in the oven for a few minutes. Take it out and shake the pan to distribute the oil.
- Spread the chickpeas in the pan in a single layer.
- Cook for 10 minutes shaking the pan every 3 minutes to ensure the peas don’t burn.
Tip: These will dry out over night. Stick them in the toaster for a couple of minutes for an even tastier, crispier snack.
Thanks for the recipe Sammie Kennedy! Everyone, please check out her site for more awesome recipes and health info.
And let me know what you think after making these