You don’t drink enough water. Yes, I am accusing you. But have you ever questioned yourself? Most people aim for the 8 x 8 ounces glasses of water a day. THAT IS NOT ENOUGH. It’s enough to stave off dehydration and keep your body functioning but water can do so much more!
– Drinking water flushes your body of excess toxins, encourages digestion, and keeps you awake and energized.
– Sometimes people think they’re hungry when they’re actually just thirsty; so before you reach for the cookies, drink a tall glass of water.
– When you’re sick, water helps your system flush the bacteria and viruses from your body.
– If you’re trying to lose weight, water will help rinse out your digestive tract and other overloaded organs.
– You can drink it with tea, with mint leaves, with lemon or even cucumber!
– Carry a reusable bottle (BPA free) everywhere with you so that it becomes habit to drink whenever you have a free 30 seconds.
If you’re still questioning whether you drink enough, check out this awesome calculator I found:
*At the very end the site mentions that soft drinks are a source of water. They are, but the amount of bad stuff they put in your body overrides the amount of good.
Disclaimer: The situation is different for infants and people with kidney or adrenal problems. If you are one of those people, please consult your doctor before taking my advice. Also, you CAN drink too much water. It’s very tough but doable so please don’t do it. Also, DO NOT drink your entire daily water intake at one time.