I led another awesome workout session last night. We’ve been running them for 3 weeks and I’ve seen people come once and not again, but I’ve also seen people come back, and that’s what I love. Mike comes to the workouts and I grill him for criticism and advice every Tuesday night. This week I realized how nervous I am that not everyone is getting sucked into the atmosphere of exercise. He grabbed me by the shoulders and injected this little wisdom nugget into my head:
I can’t force people to change, I can only give them the knowledge and lead them down the right path. In the end, they have to move their own two legs to walk that path.
Isn’t he smart 🙂 It’s so true. There is a certain switch that has to trigger for someone to truly educate themselves and make the gargantuan effort to stay healthy. Because it is NOT EASY. Compared to unhealthy living, it’s expensive, time-consuming, and takes some major will-power but it’s so worth it.
So here I am, leading you to the path. Keep following me and I’ll try to make it less expensive, less time-consuming, and maybe a little more fun.
Today I challenge you to actually do this workout! I have a feeling that you just scroll through these Wednesday posts without a second glance. JUST TRY IT. It’s 12 minutes. What do you have to lose?
– 20 seconds on/20 seconds rest
– each exercise 3 times
– total of 12 minutes
– if you don’t push yourself, this doesn’t work. if you do, holy cow it’s amazing!
1) high knees
2) russian twist – use weight and/or lift your legs off the ground.
3) calf raises – use weight or not! hold on to a chair if you need to.
4) plié squat – if it’s easy, do it faster and/or use weight.
5) tri dip – if it’s easy, lift one leg up or stretch both out in front.
6) mountain climber – fast or slow
So how did it go??