What do you cook when the entire meal will be appetizers? I knew that most people wouldn’t be hungry for a full meal so I planned out four appetizers instead. They all worked perfectly, except for this one. This took two tries but it was SO worth it. I got the original recipe from Sammie Kennedy. This stuff melts in your mouth. It’s gooey and chewy and crunchy. Salty AND sweet. YUM
I still had the microwave at this point but I was trying to wean myself off it. Turns out popping popcorn on the stove can be kind of tricky. This is where the first attempt failed. When I tried again the next day I was significantly less distracted and followed the instructions below to a tee. And of course it worked.
How to Pop Perfect Popcorn on the stove! – Simple Recipes
Sweet and Salty Popcorn (servings: 6, cook time: 25 minutes)
- 2 cups popped kernels
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar (barely increases blood sugar)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp sea salt
- Pop the popcorn in an air popper or over the stove.
- In a small saucepan, melt the coconut oil and coconut sugar. Stir in the vanilla, honey, and cinnamon. Stir frequently. When it reaches a boil, remove from heat.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the popped popcorn. Add the salt on top. Mix gently with a wooden or plastic spoon so you don’t crush the kernels.
- Lay popcorn out on a baking sheet and refrigerate for 15 minutes or until hardened.
- Break off the sheet and serve. Enjoy! It will keep a couple of days until the popcorn goes stale.
Ashley Life Update:
We went and got the Vitamix last night! I’m so flippin’ excited. My week is insane so I won’t have much time to experiment but I’ll be using it whenever possible and I’m sure you’ll all be hearing about it. Also, we found a fantastic deal on Stainless Steel cookware. 20% off and a rebate for a Cuisinart bowl set. It’s gonna take a little bit of saving to bounce back but I am SO excited to use this stuff. This night was better than Christmas. YAY!
send me some recipies with some flavor in the vitamix,have a knock off one and can’t seem to make anything tasty!!
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2013 13:30:15 +0000 To: firstname.lastname@example.org
I am definitely trying that popcorn, it looks a-mazing. Enjoy your new kitchen toys, so exciting!!
Thanks Carolyn. Let me know how it goes!