Since I started this blog in September 2012, so many people have asked, why do you spend such vast amounts of time writing that thing! Well first, yes, it takes VAST amounts of time to research and write this little love of mine. But there are so many reasons I do it.
Since I graduated with considerably less than zero money, this blog documents the varying ways I manage to make a healthy life and beautiful home for my boyfriend and I, without spending a fortune. It is the interior of my mind, a melding of food, workout ideas, design, and a little bit of much-needed inspiration. I can honestly say that I’m a very happy lass overall and I don’t want anyone to ever feel that they can’t reach that point too.
So yes, some of the recipes may be things you’ve seen before. And some of the workouts may seem overly simple. But that’s what I’m here for! To wade through the annoying, time-consuming, expensive stuff and present you with the entirely reachable and totally worthwhile. So please read! Maybe you’ll actually try something and love it. I do!
A few rules I obey:
- Never post anything I haven’t tried at least once (usually more than once).
- Show my reality. Never pretend that happy is easy, show the darker side of living life to the fullest.
- Only post facts that have been researched and supported by the most reliable sources.
- Have fun with it! This blog will never become taxing for me. If it does, I will change it.
Why the heck do I write this thing?
- I’m selfish! Writing forces me to continue learning. This blog helps ME become healthier and happier.
- I think I’m awesome. I live my life with dedication, love, and honesty. There a lot of people who should be doing the same. My hope is that a few of them become in inspired, through my words, to better themselves.
- My loved ones read this. I have loved ones scattered all over the world. This is for them to know where I am and what I’m doing. It’s impossible to talk to them all so this is me saying: “I love you!”
- I can figure YOU out. By reading your comments and gauging your responses, I know how to better serve people. How to reach the greatest number of people and how to help them be healthier and happier. So please comment!
And just for a laugh, I got this from my little sister, Makenna, the other day. I just can’t stop laughing.