Two of my favorite dips coming together as one. In a delicious, savory, creamy union. Ok well that might sound a little bit vulgar but you get the point. This dip is awesome. I originally found it packaged in Trader Joes and LOVED it. Unfortunately we don’t have a TJ’s in Peoria so I decided to try it for myself. SO glad I made the effort. YUM.
This is packed with healthy fat and protein. It’s super easy and cheap to make. In the last few days we have eaten it on tacos, with crackers, and straight off the spoon. This may become a regular in our fridge. So without further ado, here it is!
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 15oz can of garbanzo beans (chickpeas) – with liquid
- 2 Tbsp tahini or 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 tsp cumin
- UPDATE: add dash of jalapeno, cayenne, or chili powder to give it some zing
- 2 tsp salt
- Add all ingredients except salt to a food processor or high speed blender. (Gran this means your Ninja)
- Start on a low setting and quickly increase to high. Keep on high making sure to push it further into the blades when necessary. Blend for about 1 minute or until smooth.
- Scoop it into a bowl, add salt, and stir until mixed.
I hope you’re all having awesome weeks so far. Get outside for a walk and enjoy the summer weather 🙂 Love and a big smile – Ash