Why do you workout? What type of workouts to do you? What’s the science behind them and are they effective? Do you know?
These 16-minute workouts have changed my body completely. I feel strong and capable and I don’t hate the thought of doing it every day. Here’s why:
– This workout is anaerobic. Rather than low intensity for a long time it’s high intensity for a short time. This means it’s less about cardio and more about developing muscle. If you do these exercises at 100% effort, they will build your muscles and improve your cardio strength.
– If you do this short, high intensity work on a regular basis your hormones (human growth hormone and testosterone) will gradually increase. This is ok ladies! You won’t look like a man. It just means that you’ll build muscle and burn fat more easily, have a stronger heart and heart vessels, and will have better bone density.
– The muscle you build will continue to burn fat for 36-48 hours after you end the workout. This is because your body expends energy trying to rebuild the muscles you just broke down.
– All the exercises use only your bodyweight, no other tools, it’s free and easy to do anywhere in the world at any time! THE WHOLE ROUTINE TAKES 12 or 16 MINUTES.
– Because they are bodyweight exercises, they compound many different muscle groups in movements that help improve your every day function.
– If you combine these workouts with a good diet, your metabolism will increase. For real.
And now … here’s the workout!
Beginner through intermediate (12 minutes)
– 20 seconds on/ 20 seconds off
– each exercise 3 times in a row
Advanced (16 minutes)
– 30 seconds on/ 10 seconds off
– each exercise 4 times in a row
1) speed lunges (keep feet in the same position and lunge down, fast. switch feet half-way through each interval)
2) push ups (on your toes, knees, or standing against a wall)
3) crunches (feet on the floor, at a right angle, or up in the air. Lift your CHEST not your head)
4) side hops (if impact hurts, step side to side, FAST)
5) tri dip (knees bent or legs straight out in front of you)
6) high knees (hold your hand out T-rex style and bring your knees to your palms)
I hope you enjoyed it! Have a fantastic Wednesday. Love and a big smile – Ash