While Mike was gone I went on sort of DIY binge. I used to do these things just to have something to do. Usually they would sit in my room for about a year until I decided to throw them out. But as I get older and wiser, I am realizing that DIY and refurbishment can actually give me SO many things that I can’t afford in retail form.
Last weekend I set to making my own infinity scarf (aka circle scarf or tub scarf). I took the original tutorial from this awesome blogger: Cotton & Curls. For some reason I considered myself for an expert tailor and decided to do the advanced version where none of the seams are showing. Big mistake. What should have taken one hour took three. I had to pull out and resew the seams so many times that I just gave up and did it the easier way. You can’t even see the exposed seam when I have it on!
Silky Smooth Infinity Scarf
- 30″x60″ of silky “fashion” material. Choose a repetitive pattern with colors likely to match your wardrobe.
- Matching thread
- Sewing machine or sewing kit.
- Fold the material hot dog style (down the middle in the long direction). So that the back of the material is facing out.
- Sew the long, open side of the material.
- Flip the material inside out so that the front of the material is exposed. It should look like a large, floppy version of a Chinese finger trap.
- Connect the two short, open ends and sew them together.
- Voile! You have your scarf. It will shrink if you dry it so be careful if it’s just the right length.
The more advanced version hides the final, short seam inside the tube. I still never figured out how to do it but power to you if you can!
I hope you all have wonderful weekends. I will continue my DIY (and maybe a bit of socializing) and meet you on Monday. Love and a big smile – Ash
Well done you. It looks wonderful.
Not sure who this is but I assume it’s someone I love so Thank you!
Forget the gorgeous scarf girl, look at the size of your waist!!
Thanks Aunty Nik 🙂 I’m just super healthy and happy about it.
Hells bells Ahi,the scarf is lovely,but your figure is in beautiful your waist is so tiny,you. Look beautiful my darling girl.to the moon.
Date: Fri, 3 May 2013 14:48:16 +0000 To: email@example.com