One resolution in my Happiness Project is to eat at least one raw and one vegetarian/vegan meal per day. With this smoothie, I get two for the price of one!
Like all the rest of you very busy people who read this blog, I can’t always take the time to sit and eat a nice, relaxed meal. My lunches or dinners sometimes have to be hand-held and quick. These smoothies are PERFECT.
My only disclaimer is that they’re not great when warm. So if you have a fridge at work, perfect! If not, do as Mike does and drink it at home for breakfast or your I’m-home-from-work-and-hungry snack. These have seriously reduced Mike’s cookie intake 🙂
The awesomeness: this smoothie is sugar/sweetener free, vegan, raw, high in protein, healthy fats, electrolytes, and leafy greens. It’s FULL of nutrients. Great for a meal replacement or post-workout recovery drink.
Health Boost Smoothie
- 8oz coconut water
- 1/2 banana
- 1/4 avocado
- large handful dark leafy greens like kale or spinach
- small handful frozen berries
- 10 almonds or tablespoon almond butter (raw and unsalted)
- dash of cinnamon (optional)
- scoop of protein (Mediclear is my choice but Garden of Life is great too)
- Blend all ingredients except protein.
- When properly pulverized, reduce blender speed and add protein.
- Pour into a mason jar or shaker bottle and enjoy whenever you need a boost!
I know a lot of my readers already do smoothies. What’s your favorite combo?
Love smoothies for breakfast and come home snacks! Thanks to my roommate, who has an amazing blending hand held device I can make some gooood stuff. Today, I made a smoothie with strawberries, blueberries, a banana, almond butter, chia seed, flax seed, and almond milk.
Oh my gosh that sounds AMAZING. I love those little hand held things.