One resolution in my Happiness Project is to eat at least one raw and one vegetarian/vegan meal per day. With this smoothie, I get two for the price of one!
Like all the rest of you very busy people who read this blog, I can’t always take the time to sit and eat a nice, relaxed meal. My lunches or dinners sometimes have to be hand-held and quick. These smoothies are PERFECT.
My only disclaimer is that they’re not great when warm. So if you have a fridge at work, perfect! If not, do as Mike does and drink it at home for breakfast or your I’m-home-from-work-and-hungry snack. These have seriously reduced Mike’s cookie intake 🙂
The awesomeness: this smoothie is sugar/sweetener free, vegan, raw, high in protein, healthy fats, electrolytes, and leafy greens. It’s FULL of nutrients. Great for a meal replacement or post-workout recovery drink.
Health Boost Smoothie
- 8oz coconut water
- 1/2 banana
- 1/4 avocado
- large handful dark leafy greens like kale or spinach
- small handful frozen berries
- 10 almonds or tablespoon almond butter (raw and unsalted)
- dash of cinnamon (optional)
- scoop of protein (Mediclear is my choice but Garden of Life is great too)
- Blend all ingredients except protein.
- When properly pulverized, reduce blender speed and add protein.
- Pour into a mason jar or shaker bottle and enjoy whenever you need a boost!
I know a lot of my readers already do smoothies. What’s your favorite combo?