This recipe came from a patient. She’s a mom of seven of the most well behaved children I’ve ever met. Not only is she kind and patient but she has managed to convert her entire family to a sugar free and very healthy lifestyle. She’s a mother, chef, teacher, AND she makes and sells these gorgeous wee dolls. Custom! Check them out here at Tabitha’s Needle. She’s pretty incredible. AND she had the skill to come up with the original of this amazing recipe.
These biscuits won’t spike blood sugar and are gluten free but do have a bit of cow dairy in them. That being said, they are savory with a bit of sweet and oh-so addictive. But that’s ok because they’re actually GOOD FOR YOU!
Blueberry Biscuits (makes 20 biscuits, cook time: 15 min prep, 15 in oven)
- 1 1/2 cups almond meal/flour
- 1/2 cup ground chia seeds
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar (optional)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 8 TBSP organic butter, frozen
- 1/2 cup frozen bluberries
- 1/2 cup organic sour cream
- 1 organic egg
- Preheat oven to 400. Flour baking pan with almond meal.
- Mix together first six (dry) ingredients.
- Grate frozen butter into dry ingredients. Mix it all together with your hands until coarse and crumbly. Mix in blueberries.
- In a separate bowl, mix egg and sour cream. Fold into dry ingredients. Knead and mix with hands until it’s one big ball of dough.
- Scoop heaping tablespoons of dough onto floured baking pan.
- Bake 15-17 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with raw honey or just eat cold. Delicious either way.
Thanks for this Colleen! I hope you’re all having wonderful Fridays. Love and a big smile – Ash
This looks delicious!
Taste WAY better than they look. Try them out!