Last Wednesday I had a crazy busy morning and didn’t have time to squeeze in a workout. I resolved to workout if I got a long enough lunch break or to just save it until after work. I am proud to say that I managed to workout, shower, eat lunch, get ready, and make a smoothie all within a 45 minute lunch break. That’s right, I am Wonder Woman.
In the end, all of my time efficiency comes from having a routine for each of these things. I had the blender on while I was getting dressed and I was eating lunch while my hair dried. It’s all about thinking out a plan on the car ride home and not dawdling even a little bit. Which is what I’m trying to do this very morning so moving on…
The workout I did was quite unique. I realized on the drive home that I wouldn’t have time to look up a workout with the lovely Zuzana Light so I made up my own. I just chose some full body exercises and a time crunch that would make me sweat AND hurt at the same time. Sounds like fun right??
Here was my workout:
3 rounds of 5 exercises. Do each exercise to the max for 40 seconds, rest for 20 seconds, start the next exercise. Repeat each round 3 times.
1. Pushups (from my knees because my pecks are strangely weak)
2. Crunches (with my legs straight in the air)
3. Squat to shoulder press (with weight, use water bottles if you don’t have weights)
4. Lunge Jump (lunge down then jump up and switch legs)
5. Leg raise (Lie on the ground and lift legs up to 90° angle, keeping them straight, then lower them)
This workout ended up being killer and I felt pretty awesome for formatting my own. Some rules to help you do the same:
– Make sure you know the correct form for an exercise before you do it alone. Wrong form makes you prone to injury. (If you don’t know, just google or youtube it!)
– Establish reachable goals for the workout like “I want to do 30 crunches in each 40 second time period.”
– Keep the whole workout under a time limit so that you feel like you’re really accomplishing something in a tiny bit of time.
– Record all your numbers so that you can look back and try again in a few weeks. Track your progress!
– Be proud of what you’ve done and build on it, nothing’s better than self-propelled success.
I repeat: nothing is better than self-propelled success. So get off your bum and get it done!
And be sure to SMILE in between grimaces 🙂