Well hidey ho there blogosphere neighbors! Yesterday I led another great workout class. It was a 12-minute workout, just like last week but I remembered to tell the class about my Two Basic Rules.
Rule #1- BREATH. I learned this from lots of weight training and lots of yoga. Make sure you establish a breathing rhythm right along with your perfect form. If an exercise is a huge challenge for you, focus on (imagining) that you’re breathing into that part of you body. Better breathing means more oxygenated blood and muscles=better workout.
Rule #2-BRACE. Ok, put your hand on your lower belly, now flex it. Flex it so that you feel like it’s reaching back to your lower back. It should sorta feel like you’re (excuse my language) pooping. If you can hold this position throughout your exercises, especially when they get really difficult, then it will support and strengthen your back, belly, and the entire rest of your core.
Now that we have those out of the way. Here was the workout we did yesterday.
– 20 seconds on/20 seconds rest
– each exercise 3 times
– total of 12 minutes
– if you don’t push yourself, this doesn’t work. if you do, holy cow it’s amazing!
1) Side Hop – jump over something, or just step side to side as fast as you can.
2) Good Mornings – do it without a barbell, just with your hand on your head
3) Push Ups – plank position or on your knees or even on the wall if you have shoulder problems
4) Crunches – don’t bend your neck! Just lift your head and shoulders towards the ceiling
5) Plank – with speed kicks if you’re extra awesome
6) Frog Squat
‘Twas another great workout with so many people! I beginning to love teaching this class.
What workout will you do today?