Are you getting them? The feeling at multiple points in the day of “Ugh, I just don’t want to get out of bed, or make the drive to work, and now I have to workout?!”
Yes, yes. I’m right there with you. After so many wonderful holidays for the last 2 months, reality is hitting hard. My day-to-day life is actually pretty awesome. I’m fortunate enough to have a comfortable and interesting existence, but sometimes I just don’t want to get out of bed!
Then I workout. My energy comes back, my mood is lifted. And I get to dance around in my pajamas for my warm up. And all that mood-boosting only take 16 minutes. So I will now post this workout and go do it! The blues only get you down if you let it happen.
Beginner through intermediate (12 minutes)
– 20 seconds on/ 20 seconds off
– each exercise 3 times in a row
Advanced (16 minutes)
– 30 seconds on/ 10 seconds off
– each exercise 4 times in a row
1. high knees (advanced: higher knees, quicker steps)
2. squat kicks (advanced: with weight held over your head)
3. russian twist (beginner: with feet on ground)
4. fire hydrant (switch sides half-way through each interval)
5. speed lunges (small, quick bends w/ feet locked in place. switch sides halfway through interval)
6. plank (with kicks if you can)
Let me know how it goes. I hope you’re having a wonderful day 🙂