Every morning I wake up and have a warm glass of this Magic Water. It boosts my immune system, detoxifies my digestive tract, balances my alkaline, and starts me on the track towards a hydrated day. It was recommended to me by my naturopath last year and I didn’t bring it into my normal routine until last month.
Ok, ok, I know you’re itching to hear it what it is … LEMON WATER! Believe it or not, lemon water provides all of the following benefits:
1. Balances your pH. Most modern humans are horribly acidic. They absorb all the toxins in the air and food and it provides the perfect environment for diseases and other problems to grow. An acidic body is ripe breeding ground for inflammation, allergies, arthritis, skin problems, depression, digestive problems, stress, and chronic disease. Although the lemon is acidic, when metabolized by your body, it has an alkaline effect. For more info on the value of an alkaline body, check this site.
2. Detoxifies your digestive tract. Lemon is a natural diurectic meaning it make you pee! More urination clears toxins and unwanted material from your body. Warm water stimulates your digestive muscles and helps the solids flow more freely (if you know what I mean).
3. Detoxifies your blood (and skin). Lemon juice promotes the function of your liver, the organ that cleans your body. In the long run, this means cleaner blood. Happy, clean blood makes it harder for diseases to spread and helps the skin and hair stay healthier and clearer.
4. Boosts your immune system and other intangibles. Lemons are full of Vitamin C (anti-oxidant, anti-bacterial, immune system booster), potassium (stimulates brain and nerve function), Vitamin B (energy production, tissue repair, growth, and development) and important minerals that help build strong bones and teeth. STOP. wait. read this paragraph again…
5. Keeps your mouth busy. Lemon juice is full of pectin fiber and will keep you full for a few hours. This means I can start my day off with lemon water and Grainless Granola and don’t get hungry until about 5 hours later. Pretty incredible. Also, as mentioned above, the lemon juice stimulates your liver. A slow running liver makes for slow metabolism but a quick and healthy liver means move over Beyonce, I’m slimming down!
6. Keeps you off the bad stuff. Throughout the morning many of us need a pick-me-up. When I drink the Magic Water, I no longer need a coffee or even a cup of tea. For those of us drinking coffee (or energy drinks) laden with sugar and dairy, Magic Water can be a great option.
There’s no way you’re not convinced by now, so here’s what you do.
- Fill an 8oz glass with warm water. I do 1/2 cold water then 1/2 boiling water because the water in Peoria is no good.
- Squeeze 1/2 a (real) lemon into the water. Fake lemon can have sulfites.
- Stir and drink up!
You can bring it to work, you can drink it while you’re getting ready, just factor it into your routine!
My Naturopath – Dr. Kelly Austin of California Natural Health
This is a really detailed post — thanks.
So good you wrote about hot lemon water 🙂
I drink it about 3-4 mornings per week. It works wonders!
I’m glad you enjoyed it! I’ve been drinking it for a while now but just decided to do the research. It really does work!
clever Lass— been doing this for maybe 40 years!!!!!!!!!!
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 14:27:21 +0000 To: email@example.com
wow. i’ve heard of this trick for many years now, but never took it seriously, and since I have recently become hell bent of getting healthy, losing weight and giving my poor body a break in general, this, will be part of my routine. Thanks again!
It’s quite amazing. Talk about a digestive aid. Doing this regularly has been so great for my overall function.