This bread is delicious. Really, really good. It’s moist and naturally sweet; and the texture is like butter in your mouth. Yummy. It can take up to 45 minutes to prepare and an hour to cook so do it on a Sunday and make a big batch. It freezes really well so leftovers are a good thing!
I found the recipe on another blog (Skinny Ms) and then tweaked it a bit. I took out the stevia and oat bran and added gluten-free oats and walnuts.
Because it’s high in protein, sugar-free, and very low in grains, you can eat it any time of day. We had it last night for dessert and this morning for breakfast. Toast it for a few minutes for an even more satisfying experience.
Banana Nut Bread
- 2 granny smith apples
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 8 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 cup almond meal/ almond flour
- 1 cup whole, gluten-free oats
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180°F. Lightly coat loaf pan with 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil.
- Peel, core, and dice apples into small pieces. Sauté with 1/2 tsp. cinnamon on medium heat until brown (about 5 minutes).
- In a large bowl mix together the almond meal, oats, baking powder, remaining cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In another bowl mix olive oil, eggs, almond milk, and vanilla.
- Slowly add the liquid mixture to the dry mixture (in about 4 batches).
- In the now empty liquid mixture bowl, mash all 3 bananas.
- Fold bananas and apples into the large bowl mixture.
- Spoon into the loaf pan. Cook for about 50 minutes or until a wooden skewer or toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan and then enjoy!
I highly recommend this one. It really is delicious. Let me know how it goes! A big hug and a smile. – Ash
Made this yesterday and half the loaf has already disappeared!!! SO delicious!!! Thanks for sharing Ashley!
So glad you like it! Pretty easy to make too huh? See you soon!