This bread is delicious. Really, really good. It’s moist and naturally sweet; and the texture is like butter in your mouth. Yummy. It can take up to 45 minutes to prepare and an hour to cook so do it on a Sunday and make a big batch. It freezes really well so leftovers are a good thing!
I found the recipe on another blog (Skinny Ms) and then tweaked it a bit. I took out the stevia and oat bran and added gluten-free oats and walnuts.
Because it’s high in protein, sugar-free, and very low in grains, you can eat it any time of day. We had it last night for dessert and this morning for breakfast. Toast it for a few minutes for an even more satisfying experience.
Banana Nut Bread
- 2 granny smith apples
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 8 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 cup almond meal/ almond flour
- 1 cup whole, gluten-free oats
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180°F. Lightly coat loaf pan with 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil.
- Peel, core, and dice apples into small pieces. Sauté with 1/2 tsp. cinnamon on medium heat until brown (about 5 minutes).
- In a large bowl mix together the almond meal, oats, baking powder, remaining cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In another bowl mix olive oil, eggs, almond milk, and vanilla.
- Slowly add the liquid mixture to the dry mixture (in about 4 batches).
- In the now empty liquid mixture bowl, mash all 3 bananas.
- Fold bananas and apples into the large bowl mixture.
- Spoon into the loaf pan. Cook for about 50 minutes or until a wooden skewer or toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan and then enjoy!
I highly recommend this one. It really is delicious. Let me know how it goes! A big hug and a smile. – Ash