There’s a lot going on in the US right now. To think of a few things: Boston Marathon bombings, Texas explosion, Peoria flooding … Lots of sadness, but also, lots of kindness. Check out this awesome quote I found from Mr.Rogers.
When bad things happen in my life, working out always brings me back to center. I’ve had some semblance of a workout routine since I was 11 or 12. The form of exercise has changed innumerable times but, at 20 years old, I realized that exercise and sweating is the only thing that no one person can ever take away from me.
Yes, I could get in an accident and lose a limb (or worse) but I will always strive to find some way to exercise my body and relax my mind. Exercise has been my stability through horrible break-ups, hurtful gossip, and intense homesickness. It has been my constant through the biggest changes in my life.
So no matter where I am or what state my body is in, I will always find some way to sweat. 🙂
And now, for today’s workout:
Beginner through intermediate (12 minutes)
– 20 seconds on/ 20 seconds off
– each exercise 3 times in a row
Advanced (16 minutes)
– 30 seconds on/ 10 seconds off
– each exercise 4 times in a row
1. mountain climbers (beginner: from your knees or pushing against a wall)
2. leg lower (with the exercise ball, beginner: one leg at a time and/or knees bent at right angle)
3. diamond plank (beginner: from your knees)
4. high toe taps (don’t rest your feet, just lightly tap the seat of a chair or top of a box)
5. side plank (beginner: from your knees, advanced: up on your hand)
6. wall sits (for the last set hold it for as long as you can past the 20/30 seconds)
Enjoy the workout. I hope you’re all having wonderfully stable, happy days. Love and a smile – Ash
Thank you for the variety of exercises you provide! My coworker and I use one every day plus a few exercises. But thank you so much! Your short, quick work outs have encouraged me to get back to the gym and get in better shape. It’s nice to keep up with you too! Have a nice day 🙂
Alana, what a massive compliment. Made my day. Thank you. As long as I do these types of workouts, I will continue to post them.
I’m glad I can help you find an exercise routine that doesn’t make you hate life.
Thanks for keeping in touch. 🙂