There’s a lot going on in the US right now. To think of a few things: Boston Marathon bombings, Texas explosion, Peoria flooding … Lots of sadness, but also, lots of kindness. Check out this awesome quote I found from Mr.Rogers.
When bad things happen in my life, working out always brings me back to center. I’ve had some semblance of a workout routine since I was 11 or 12. The form of exercise has changed innumerable times but, at 20 years old, I realized that exercise and sweating is the only thing that no one person can ever take away from me.
Yes, I could get in an accident and lose a limb (or worse) but I will always strive to find some way to exercise my body and relax my mind. Exercise has been my stability through horrible break-ups, hurtful gossip, and intense homesickness. It has been my constant through the biggest changes in my life.
So no matter where I am or what state my body is in, I will always find some way to sweat. 🙂
And now, for today’s workout:
Beginner through intermediate (12 minutes)
– 20 seconds on/ 20 seconds off
– each exercise 3 times in a row
Advanced (16 minutes)
– 30 seconds on/ 10 seconds off
– each exercise 4 times in a row
1. mountain climbers (beginner: from your knees or pushing against a wall)
2. leg lower (with the exercise ball, beginner: one leg at a time and/or knees bent at right angle)
3. diamond plank (beginner: from your knees)
4. high toe taps (don’t rest your feet, just lightly tap the seat of a chair or top of a box)
5. side plank (beginner: from your knees, advanced: up on your hand)
6. wall sits (for the last set hold it for as long as you can past the 20/30 seconds)
Enjoy the workout. I hope you’re all having wonderfully stable, happy days. Love and a smile – Ash