How do I name a soup to convey its deliciousness? The title of this post isn’t all that enticing but wowza this soup is amazing. It’s fresh, flavorful, and surprisingly filling. I was starving so I made a batch of this stuff and threw a couple of pieces of toast on my plate. I got so wrapped up in the soup that I forgot the toast! I ate two bowls and couldn’t have fit anything else in my belly. Plus, it’s really EASY.
I don’t make soup often but I never regret it. I made a big batch in half an hour. I probably could have eaten it all in one sitting but then I would have to roll myself to bed. So I froze half of it and now we have dinner for another night.
Acorn Squash and Carrot Soup (cook time: 30 minutes, serves: 3-4)
- 1 pound carrots
- 1/2 a medium acorn squash, seeded
- 1/2 an onion
- 1inch cube of ginger
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 4 cups broth or water and bouillon cubes
- salt and pepper
- Chop the carrots, squash, onion, and ginger into small pieces. Carefully cut off the shell of the squash.
- Saute the carrots, squash, and ginger in a deep pan on medium heat for 5 minutes. They are harder veggies and take longer to soften. After 5 minutes, add the onion and 2 cups broth.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until veggies are tender.
- Dump all of the saute mix into a food processor. Leaving a hole for steam to escape, blend all ingredients. Start low and increase speed until on the highest setting. Add the remaining broth, slowly, while blending.
- Serve with salt and pepper and enjoy!
- Let leftovers cool and then freeze them for another day 🙂
ps. What if I named it Squarrot (Squash Carrot) Soup? Haha. Still not so appetizing I think…
I hope you’re all having great Tuesdays. Love and a smile – Ash
I LOVE making soups like this. I’ve never done carrot/acorn squash, but I have some similar recipes for butternut squash, potato/leek, and mushroom soups. Basically you just cook up some vegetables and then blend them-genius! Can’t wait to try this one. I bet your soups come out SO WELL with your new vitamix 🙂
Oh Carolyn, the Vitamix is amazing. I never made soup before this but the experience is now awesome. Haha. Post one of your soup recipes! Those all sound delicious.
Ooo this looks delicious! I have a love/hate relationship with veg, but this sounds mouth watering! Must try!
Yeah. So yummy. Let me know how it goes!