It’s Spring in my dining room! As most of you know, I’m an architect by training. So when we moved into our apartment here, I was SO excited to actually have some space to decorate. I absolutely love bold colors so I was pretty bummed when I realized that we couldn’t paint the walls. Instead, I’ve learned to inject color into a room through wall art, dish ware, rugs, etc.
I found a deal at our local grocery on a dozen roses ($5!) and used them to bring Spring into our home. It’s still pretty cold here but the sun in shining and it’s putting me (and everyone else) in a great mood. Not to mention my Happiness Project is actually working 🙂
^ Pretty flowers in my new vase …
And, if you’ve checked out my tagline (“braving the world with no money in my pocket and a smile on my face”) you know that we can’t put much money into making our apartment beautiful. So here’s the breakdown:
- Gorgeous Fire/Water painting – moving gift from a very close friend. You could probably do a simple, impactful painting for about $50. As a word of advice, shower praise on the artists in your life. There’s nothing better than a gorgeous piece of art that actually means something.
- Table set with cool, high-back chairs (I plan on refinishing this) – Craigslist $80
- Striped rug – TJMaxx $65
- Plant – bought it as a seedling – Loews $10
- Recycled tire pot – Unclaimed Freight Store (check for one in your area) $10
- Yellow vase – Unclaimed Freight $3
- Green and blue swirl fruit bowl – hand painted by me! $25 (but worth the experience)
^ Everything in this photo= $188
And now we’re at the weekend. YAY. Au revoir until Monday! I hope you all have a relaxing couple of days. Love and hugs – Ash