The brace: anyone heard of it? Not like for your teeth or a broken limb, for your abs silly! It’s this position that you should be aware of no matter what type of exercise you do. It strengthens your core, supports your back, AND helps give you that awesome 8-pack you’ve been dreaming of.
Brace: tighten your lower abs. Tighten so you feel like your attaching your abs to your lower back. Now keep your abs there and breathe. This is how you should be exercising. There are exercises where the brace is more important but if you can learn to do this throughout your exercise routine you’ll start to see huge differences. This applies to weight lifting, riding bikes, running, swimming, EVERYTHING!
Finally for today’s workout:
Beginner through intermediate (12 minutes)
– 20 seconds on/ 20 seconds off
– each exercise 3 times in a row
Advanced (16 minutes)
– 30 seconds on/ 10 seconds off
– each exercise 4 times in a row
1. Tricep Dip
2. Speed Lunges (hold your feet in place. quickly straight then bend legs into lunge. switch sides half-way through each set)
3. Russian Twist
5. Fire Hydrant (switch sides half-way through each set)
6. High Knees
Now I have a question for all of you: How many times a week do you workout? Once, Twice, 6 times? And for how long each time?
Hope you’re all having wonderful Wednesdays! 🙂