As I last posted, I’ve been working the Morton Pumpkin Fest for the last several days. If any of you know of the festival, you know it’s full of some seriously delicious junk food; including but not limited to: pumpkin donuts, pumpkin pie, pumpkin ice cream, pumpkin funnel cake. Everything delicious, in pumpkin flavor!! It’s my own personal temptation hell.
However, it’s so important to learn how to brave these situations and so that you can join the rest of your community celebrating awesome things like Fall!
1. Choose one thing to treat yourself to and wait until the end of your trip to do it. The buildup will make sure you don’t violate your own rule.
2. Make sure, before you leave the house, that you eat a big, healthy meal. Being full means you’ll be less tempted by anything other than your planned treat.
3. Bring some snacks! This is where dinner leftovers make things quick and easy.
Here was mine for an 8 hour shift at the fridge:
– Sandwich – gluten-free bread, sunflower butter, and blackberry jam we found at the farmers market.
– Smoothie – coconut water, 1 banana, handful of frozen fruit, handful spinach, scoop of protein.
– Salad – whatever is in your fridge. Mine was tomatoes, spinach, pinto beans from the chili last week, and humus.
Tools that make it easy:
– Resealable container like a Tupperware.
– Blender bottle for the smoothie. It’s not only easy to drink out of but it has a little spring ball that you keep in the liquid and when you’re ready to eat you just shake it all up.
– Lunch box/ bag keeps things cold or hot and easy to carry.
I was full and happy with my lunch and this morning, as a treat for resisting for 5 days, I had a giant pancake breakfast!
Enjoy your Sundays. Don’t forget to smile!