Sweet potato fries. I’ve only had them once or twice in restaurants but I ALWAYS love them. So when I saw this post from Snack Girl, I figured I’d try it. Holy Bajolies these things are good. I did it a tiny bit differently from Snack Girl’s original recipe so here is my version:
We ate them with Santa Fe style scrambled eggs: eggs, almond milk, red pepper, spinach. Then salsa and avocado on top. YUM.
Sweet Potato Fries
- 2 large sweet potatoes (yams)
- coconut oil or grapeseed oil (because it’s high heat)
- garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a couple baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Peel sweet potatoes then cut them into thin lengths. The thinner the cuts, the more crispy and delicious the fries.
- Lay out the sweet potato in single layers on the baking sheets.
- Sprinkle them with oil then with all the spices. Be conservative with the spices.
- Bake for 15 minutes then grab some tongs (or burn your fingers) and flip every fry. Continue cooking for 5-10 minutes or until the fries are golden brown.
Ashley Life Update: It’s snowing here again! The second storm in a week! Since I can work from home most mornings and my workouts are all here too, I’m loving this. I can just sit at our dining table, working and looking at the pretty snow 🙂