I have three questions for you. Yes, YOU. A lot of people have been falling off the health bandwagon. It’s about that time of year when resolutions crumble and the same people who were enthusiastic 2 months ago are reverting back to the I-don’t-have-time excuse.
So my questions are:
- Have you developed a regular workout routine?
- What time of day can you absolutely NOT workout?
- What time of day does a workout give you the most benefits? (i.e. energy, happy hormones, strength, agility, etc)
Please answer them below. Seriously. Because if you don’t know the answers to these questions, it’s time to figure them out.
- Definitely not anytime after work.
- The morning. Waking up and doing something for myself starts my day on the right track.
Now that you’ve thought those through, here’s the workout for this week!
Beginner through intermediate (12 minutes)
– 20 seconds on/ 20 seconds off
– each exercise 3 times in a row
Advanced (16 minutes)
– 30 seconds on/ 10 seconds off
– each exercise 4 times in a row
1. side hops- Use a shoe as an obstacle to jump over. Jump high and very fast.
2. pushups (beginner- on your knees, intermediate- on your toes with only a slight elbow bend)
3. russian twist- bend at the waist, lift your chest to the ceiling. (beginner- feet on ground, intermediate- legs at right angle, advanced- legs straight in air)
4. jump switch lunges (jump high, lunge low)
5. bird dog (beginner- from hands and knees, intermediate- from plank position)
6. wall sits (beginner- feet flat on ground, advanced- lift one knees at a time, hold for 3 seconds)
Hope you all have Happy Wednesdays. Love and a big ‘ole smile. – Ash