In honor of the Superbowl and the end of my strict January diet, I decided I would treat Mike and I to one of my favorite bite-sized morsels: Bacon, Blue Cheese Dates. I copied these from a delicious restaurant in Boston: The Regal Beagle. I visited a couple of years back with some good friends of mine and fell in love.
These violate my “no cow diary” rule but the dates are good for you and the organic turkey bacon is too! And holy bajolies they are tasty. The blue cheese gets kind of muted when you cook it so it doesn’t have the bitter after taste, all you get is the sweet of the date and salty of the bacon. YUM.
Bacon, Blue Cheese Dates
Ingredients (2 or 3 servings)
- 10 organic medjool dates, sliced open and pitted
- .15 lbs blue cheese
- 5 strips organic turkey bacon
- toothpicks or cupcake baking pan
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- Stuff blue cheese inside the cut dates. Only enough so that the dates can still close.
- Cut the bacon in half and wrap it around the dates.
- Pin each roll with a toothpick or set it in a cupcake pan to hold it together
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until bacon is done.